Leave me on a desserted island with nothing but a pen and a piece of paper; with those, I shall create myself another world.



Saturday, April 7, 2012

Gratitude

I hear the sound of your voice
And something inside me stands still
Somewhere inside, I feel peace
I feel serenity
As your melody surrounds me.
We act out
We laugh out
We sing out loud
And I can't help my beating heart
I can't help that part of me
That thanks God it has you.
We play
We compete
We argue
But I feel complete with you
Like you're the part I've been missing my whole life.
I want you.
I need you.
I love you more than I can tell.
It's a hell for me at times
To feel the slightest bit of change
To see that smile be rearranged.
I fear a repetitive path
I worry that I'd take you down that road..
The one I've taken a lot of people to.
But then again,
I hear you
I see you
And if you're so different in person
How can I worry about a similar fate?!

No comments: