Leave me on a desserted island with nothing but a pen and a piece of paper; with those, I shall create myself another world.



Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Choices

"I will go to the land of freedom
and be free to become who I choose to be"
That is what I told myself..


"I will challenge minds with the words I write
I will feed those whom hunger keeps them up at night
I will shoot every image with a new point of view
I will work every minute, take advantage of everything I can do"


"I will go to places I've never been
I will see everything I have never seen
and never will I forget hospitals and orphanages
I will visit the ill, the unfortunate"


those were the empty words
the promises
the vows I took upon myself a hundred times


With certainty I awaited
to become the self-accomplished version of myself


Two years later,
here I am..
more vacant of a person than I was back then


with one major difference


Two years ago, I had no choice.
Today, I am who I chose to be.
So much for certainty.

No comments: