Leave me on a desserted island with nothing but a pen and a piece of paper; with those, I shall create myself another world.



Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Small Picture(s)


I drowned the world surrounding me with melody in my ears.
I challenged myself, time and time again.
I walked around with only one person on my mind.
I said it the way I thought it.
I loved the way I wanted to be loved.
I kept away from the crowds. They made me nervous.
I exceled under the highest of pressures.
I smiled to convince myself it'd be a good day.
I gave more than I took.
I learned to be patient with the people I love.
I did not believe in regrets. My mistakes are a part of who I am.
I lost all my inner peace when facing stupid questions.
I trusted only myself when it came to the quality of work.
I stopped bothering to do what was never appreciated.
I thought too much about things I'm not supposed to question.
I made mistakes knowing how huge they were.
I knew my faults but rarely felt like changing them.
I hated it when someone would steer me into a different direction.
I took my best friends for granted, knowing their friendship would be a 'constant'.

I lived. I learned. I loved. I lost. I changed.
And it finally dawned upon me that life is bits and pieces, moments, situations, reactions...stories you create; a book that you continue to write with the small parts of you. It is those small parts that make a human being. It is those parts that shape your story.

2 comments:

Aya adel said...

I will highlight this post!why?!
it is so damn honest, I mostly like this about your posts YORY, they are straight from the heart <3, Keep it up!, I can't imagine what will happen if you don't ;)

Yara Hani said...

Ayaaa, thank yoou!! I don't think I can afford being anything other than honest. Afterall, this is what gets it all off my chest :)! I LOVE U and i LOVE ur comments :D u make my day :D muuuah